Results of a few 20/10’s yesterday. Shelves will go far toward helping with this…
I love this!! I need to do a 20/10.
Results of a few 20/10’s yesterday. Shelves will go far toward helping with this…
I love this!! I need to do a 20/10.
Misty Copeland - 1st African American Woman to join American Ballet Theatre
I would hate to be kicked by a ballerina
She has some killer legs
Over the weekend you may have heard of or seen - nude photos of celebrities were stolen off of their phones and posted online. It’s a terrible invasion of privacy, but probably the most disconcerting part of this for me is that some people are blaming the celebrities for having the nude photos on their phones in the first place.
This could have gone a completely different way, and I’m so glad it didn’t.
I am so tired of the loop of the elevator footage of Ray Rice and his then fiance,Janay. I hear about it months ago, he got suspended for two games, and now the firestorm after he served his two games. I smell a conspiracy!!! First of all, no criminal charges have been filed. She married him and they have a child. Second of all, the NFL could have suspended him for a year, do counseling, and do a domestic violence PSA. Well after all this time, TMZ got the footage and now its being played on ever media broadcast. I am desensitized by the sensationalism of this tragic event. Janay is with him and defending him. The wound that was closed is open. Everyone has an opinion. Ray Rice has been fired from his team and banned from football. He also has been dropped from his endorsement deals. Now their daughter will have this throw in her face years from now when she is older because the internet is petty. The NFL got egg on its face. They dropped the ball on this and it makes them look bad. The only winner in this is TMZ for which I am banning from watching. How the fuck they got all this and the police, prosecutor, and the NFL didn’t?
Remember when you go to fancy places, cameras are everywhere!! Act like you got some sense!!!
He text me again on FB messenger: “Hey baby” with a sticker of a monkey holding wine and a glass. I hit him back with a sticker of a minion looking mighty bored. I don’t have time for his BS. I don’t believe in him anymore so what make him think I will melt to a “Hey Baby” text. It only makes me mad. Sam Smith has a song called “ I know i’m not the only one” speaking of a person who you love speaking to you calling you “Honey” or “Baby”. You think that you are special until you find out that you aren’t the only one in this person’s life. It makes you feel like a dime a dozen. That is why I am so glad that I am over him completely but I know that he is a giant asshat and she deserves him.
It is funny that I talk to my therapist about him. His empty promises, him telling me that he misses me, and crap. She said that those were his tool to control me, to keep me pure for only him.Then she asked have I tried dating anyone..Nope!! MY life is in transition. I need to purge out the last 10 years out of my life so I can establish a new beginning. I doing so much and there are some setback. First, figuring out if I am getting a new apartment on the complex or moving to a different place. My money at the Home Health agency is being cut. I will have two patient within the week but at 3 visit a week and not 6. And now I have $2300 of medical debt that I have to deal with. Not happy at all about dating someone and telling them that I am a fuck up.
Main job is the same shit, different day. The ones who don’t do shit get away with murder while those who do what they suppose to do get fuck over. My sister worded this so nicely, ” You can’t make the fuck up do better, then you wouldn’t be the Shit!” Which is so true. You can’t tell people to do their jobs because it is not in them. You just have to take it on the chin and remember that they will know who saves their bacon when you aren’t around. Day shift will be crying starting Friday; I am on a 4 day weekend!
Finishing up doing some laundry, clean out my work bag, get ready for the next two night.
1. Tailor communication method to the recipient; for example, text message a too–talkative person.
2. Use kitchen timers to help maintain a study schedule. Observe how long you study before losing focus.
3. Schedule all major academic and personal events on a semester calendar. This may prevent…
1. Create a daily ‘to do’ list.
2. List goals and set priorities.
3. Do ‘A’s’ first (Most important things).
4. Do them now.
5. Ask yourself “What is the best use of my time right now?”
6. Be realistic: New habits take time to develop.
7. Reward yourself for small steps of progress towards your goals each week.
Ever made a list of to-do’s and ended up finishing less than half of it? Maybe this tutorial would help you.
Things you need: Pen, paper, tasks, something with a timer, and patience.
Step 1: Make a huge-ass bucket list of what you want done. List everything and anything.
Step 2: Cross out the currently unimportant ones. Like: Google Benedict Cumberbatch. (Unless you’re actually writing a paper on Benedict Cumberbatch)
Step 3: Line the rest up in order…
Important+Emergent Important+Non-emergent Unimportant+Emergent, and Unimportant+Non-emergent.
Step 4: Take a timer and time yourself on a task. Estimate how long it would take for you to finish, say, a chapter of biology. Then compare with the actual time it took to do so. Don’t worry if there is a huge difference: we could always work on that later. KEEP THE RECORDS.
Step 5: Repeat Step 4 as necessary.
Step 6: When you are done for the day, make a list of things you plan to finish tomorrow. Now that you have actual numbers to work with it should be MUCH easier.
Step 7: Do your best to finish everything the next day. If you find that difficult, take something off the list and try again (and vice versa). Most people find their balance within a week and I bet you will too.
This technique saves a lot of time. You would no longer need to think long and hard about what you should and should not put on your list. Just index your times under their respective categories, add them up, and you’re all set. As an added bonus, you could even try beating your own records!
Hope this helped a bit. :”)
HOW TO ORGANIZE YOUR STUDYING SCHEDULE:
Hey guys!! Since some of you asked me how I organized my studying schedule for this summer, I thought it would be best to make a post about it. It’s the first time I make a post such as this, and I’m sorry for the poor quality of my photos, but my mobile phone has the only camera I have at hand, so let’s get down to business!
- KNOW YOUR DEADLINES: It’s important to know when do you have your exams, when is that essay due and so on. This way you’ll keep track of time and you’ll know how much time you need to commit to each task. I would advise color coding each one, as I did with the subjects which exams I have to retake in september. This way, you’ll have your goals and needs always in mind.
- KNOW WHAT YOU NEED TO STUDY: It’s important to be sure of all the things you need to study. As you can see in this image, I wrote down every unit I need to know for my anatomy exam, and I did the same for the other subjects as well. I also added a little checkbox beside each unit in order to keep track of all the times I revise each one so I can know at a glance how I’m doing and where I need to improve.
- USE ADDITIONAL TOOLS: Getrevising is a webpage that can help you create a schedule if you don’t know where to start. It gives you the opportunity to, completely free, add your classes, appointments, subjects and deadlines to create a schedule. You can also give a priority to each subject so they can assign more study hours to those subjects you find more difficult or where you need to invest more time. I used it as a reference, because it is not perfect, and I don’t know if it’s possible to change the study blocks from 1 hour sessions to longer or shorter ones, but it helps you to make an idea of how many hours you should invest in each subject. Anyway, this tool is completely unnecessary, but I used it because my study schedule is for the whole summer (that’ll be two months of holidays) and so I felt a bit overwhelmed by how many things I needed to tackle.
- EDIT AND WRITE YOUR OWN SCHEDULE ATTENDING TO YOUR NEEDS: The most important thing when you write your study schedule is to know your strengths and limits. I printed a weekly schedule from my laptop iCal to see at a simple glance how many things I had going on in a week and how many hours I could dedicate to study. You can find simple weekly calendars anyway or you can even make your own. The first thing I wrote down were all those unavoidable things such as birthday parties and weddings and medical appointments as well as those things I want to do daily such as running, bathing, walking the dog or reading a bit at night. Once this is done, I can see how many free hours for studying I have, and if I feel like they are not enough, I cut down some things that aren’t completely necessary, because sometimes what is necessary is to make some sacrifices. But remember to always leave some free time for yourself, because it’s good for you to relax and get some strength back. Then, looking at your get revising schedule or simply knowing your needs, write down every day which units you are going to study. Try to be realistic, and don’t cram things in every study session. If you can only study tree units in one morning, then do that. Otherwise you’ll feel stressed and you won’t keep up with your schedule, which can make you feel bad and think that it’s not being useful at all. I’d also recommend highlighting your subjects with the same colors you used for your deadlines calendar, because it’ll help you make an idea in your head of your week.
- TRANSFORM YOUR WEEKLY SCHEDULE INTO A DAILY ONE: I find it better to, once a weekly schedule is prepared, write it down as a daily one, to the hour. Some people may think this is a bit obsessive, but it makes me less stressed knowing what I should be doing in every study session. Moreover, it makes me feel satisfied crossing out things I have already done, and crossing them out of my list! If you’ll feel stressed watching the things you have to do every hour using just the weekly schedule may be fine for you. I used a simple lined notebook and wrote the hours myself.
- PLUS:KEEP TRACK OF YOUR PROGRESS: If you don’t want to make a daily schedule, or if you’re not accustomed to follow a schedule this thick, you may find useful keeping track of your progress. You can write down what you do every hour your dedicating to studying, or maybe you can write down things as “I planned to study for 3 hours with two 10 minutes breaks and I managed to study just 2 units when I planned to study 3”. This may help you know your weaknesses and analyze what you’re doing right and what you’re doing wrong. When you realise things as this, you’ll find it easier to make a reliable and realistic schedule that is up to your needs and strong points. This way you’ll know if you work better in the mornings or the afternoons, if you get distracted easily… But remember that the most important thing is to take things easily and bit by bit. Everyone works differently, and what may work for others may not work for you. Analyze and know yourself, and then no one or anything will stop you.
I hope you found this helpful. I know this is just my method, but some of you were curious about it and I find inspiring knowing about other people’s methods. This way you can find your inspiration to work out your own methods and habits, and you’l feel much less frustrated when you manage to achieve your goals, but take your time and be patient. Succeed will take your hand if you work hard a bit everyday!!!!
Once again it is recertification for my patients in Home Care. My one lady was recert till Oct. My only male patient was extend also. But My other lady patient is being discharge and how did I find out: by my poor distraught patient. Since the nurse sees her only every other week and I see her twice, my patient doesn’t need medical supervisor but they are going to give her a list to contact another agency that will give her a Nurse and a Aide. Confused, this isn’t the only thing I hate about Home Health but I truly hate the Nurses I work with. No communication what so ever. I have text them about problems that my patients or I have. No response. I run into one in the field and she only stays for about 20 minutes, comes late to patient home, and I think she is fucking lazy. She didn’t see my lady at all last week, so she put it all in this week. Huh??
The one I have a problem with is the sister to the DON who is on leave. This chick is just like her sister that I work with: very secretive. I really think that they weren’t raise around black people that she doesn’t talk to me at all. You would think that she would have told me that she was being discharge instead of being a detective to see if I do my job. The Nurses have an annoying habit to ask the patients about the aides. Do we come on time, what do we do, and are they happy with us? Funny how they don’t have that accountability for themselves. Most of them come without calling, change their days, or just don’t come until the next week and make them sign two papers. SMDH!!! But they checking on me.
Hit me in my inbox on what would you do in my case. Leave the agency after my other two are done. Apply to a new one? Or just bring up my grievance to the ADON and the owners. I am not happy that the communication is only through looking at the computer to see that my day is cut or my patient is being discharged. Makes me super pissed!!